Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting Ready for our Trip

So today me and Ro have to run some errands to get ready for our trip tomorrow.  We are off to Idaho for a family reunion.  Last night we went out to see Harry Potter and she did great at the movies!  She slept for most of it, and some parts were loud but she went right on relaxing!  Such a good girl.
Things are going pretty well, aside from the fact that while closing our front door she smooshed her foot and is scared of it now...but I've been talking with Barb and hopefully we will work her back into it soon!  She's back to being able to close it from inside without hesitation, but I'm going to leave the tugging it shut alone until we get back from the trip.
She's done well with picking up my keys in the last few days.  She had started not getting them when we were out and I tend to drop those a lot.  I haven't tried it again while we are out yet, but I think we'll try today and see how it goes since at home she's been doing great.  We've also been practicing some of her other skills and they are going well.  She helps me with the laundry by pulling the basket down the hallway.  She does it better then I ever did!  She also does really well with the hall lights turning them on/off.  The last big improvement I've noticed is when we are outside.  Her focus is so so so wonderful!
Ro had also shown a liking of Alexis' carebear...and while I was in the other room I heard a 'conversation' going on.  Alexis was explaining to Ro that bear was her special toy and that she could play with her other ones but not the bear. (it was pretty cute!)  So I decided that we should get Ro a special stuffy so she'd leave bear alone.  We went through the girls stuffed animals and I told them to let me see any of them they would be o.k. with giving to Ro.  They put in one of the ones I've had for, well, 11 years or so!  It's a black cat I called 'Marmite' after the yummy stuff I put on toast! (Zane doesn't like it...I think it's wonderful!).  When I let Ro go over and grab one, that's the one she went for.  And so far it's worked, she leaves everything else alone and loves Marmite!!  It's a special stuffy-one Zane gave me when we first started dating so I'm glad it's getting some love again! :)  Anyhow, here are some more cute pics of her and her new stuffy!  I'll try to keep updates going while we are on our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment