Thursday, July 21, 2011

Settling down

The past few days have made for quite an adjustment!  There have been both ups and downs, but we've been able to work past both.  I have been finding that juggling three kids, a husband, a cat and a dog to be exhausting to say the least!  We went to an appointment I had to order my new wheelchair, but apparently I was taken off the calendar and not informed, so that was frustrating!  It is looking like I won't be able to get a new wheelchair anytime soon.
Me and Ro have managed to go out a few times to get some good skill practice in.  Things have also been going better at home and I'm finding that she is doing great with still listening to me with a million distractions going on!  Her 'legs' skill where she helps me stretch is coming along wonderfully and she only occasionally needs me to add in the hand cue.  She does fabulous retrieves for me at home when I drop things, but when we are out I'm finding it more difficult.
Today we are seeing Barb and going to a meeting about getting a custom leash made!  We just got back in from a fun game of retrieve and Ro did an excellent job of coming right back and not being distracted! Yay!
Anyhow, here is a photo I managed to get of the kids (Riley was not cooperative though!).  Thought it was pretty cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment