Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day Two

Today I really enjoyed myself during training!   First we practiced having Ro get in and out of my car so she could get used to it.  We also worked on some of the daily things I will be doing with Ro like bathroom breaks, grooming and ways that she will be helping me with stretching my legs.  Although we still need practice working as a team, I think today went really well.  We were starting to get the feel of where each other needs to be when we are going down hallways and such.  The hardest thing I think so far is managing getting in and out of doors!  when we both can't fit I have to figure out which side I want her on and then whether her or I goes first and having enough leash, etc!
We also talked about how to keep her safe and the body language of dogs so that I can hopefully begin to read Rowena well and anticipate things.  Tomorrow we will be at my work one last time and then coming here and she'll be staying the night!  I hope things go well with her and Riley.  Today Riley decided to sit on me and lick my arms and rub all over my wheelchair the moment I came in the door-I think he wanted his smell on me rather than Ro's!  I'm very tired, but still need to help Zane get everything all packed up.  Long day, big changes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment