Friday, July 22, 2011

Out to Lunch

Today we had plans to meet Ro's puppy raiser (well one of them!) for lunch.  I was worried that we almost might not be able to go because this morning Ro was whining at the door, so I took her out thinking that maybe she needed to go to the bathroom-and she had diarrhea.  Never cleaned up runny dog poop (have to say it was not my favorite thing for sure)...so I called Barb because I wasn't really sure what to do.  I didn't want to rush her to the vet if it wasn't necessary.  We decided that I would feed her half of her normal morning food and see how she did.  As long as she didn't have runny poop for a few times in a row then she should be fine.  Ro came in and looked very tired, so I fed her and let her sleep for a few hours.  When she woke up she seemed to be fine!  So I took her out and let her pee and waited a bit to make sure she didn't have to go again.  We came in and played a little bit (didn't want to make her sick).  She seemed fine so I called to let her puppy raiser know we'd be there!
Ro was thrilled to see her again!  She did a good job of listening while being so excited!  In the last few days me and Ro have really been 'clicking' and I'm finding that we are working really well together. It was fun learning all about the family that raised Ro from when she was about 8 weeks old until 18 months old.  (It was obvious that she came from a very loving family that enjoyed having her.)  They really did a fabulous job in exposing her to many things.  I know that it was probably very hard for them to give Ro to advanced training after loving and working with her for so long, but I am very grateful for all they have done for her (and us!).  I have always tried to keep in my head all the love and hard work that people before me have done, but this really gelled it all together.  I think that CaPR does a great job of finding loving people to help raise the puppies and gets them great training.  So, thanks again to everyone for helping us on this journey! :)
When we got home the girls were having a play-date with one of their friends.  So we had two extra adults and another little one.  Once again, Ro was so well behaved and I wanted to keep up our routine of practicing her cue's in the evening.  We went into the other room and even with the kids laughing and being loud in the other room she did fabulous.  She didn't even solicit for attention when we finished and came back in, she just relaxed on the floor and stayed focused on me!  I might need to do my makeup more often now-there will always be eyes on me!! hahah! (just kidding-makeup takes too long...)

One thing I forgot to finish talking about yesterday was about meeting with Barb for the leash.  We actually ended up getting the custom leash while we were there!  We showed our ideas to Katrina, and she came out with a bunch of hooks and rings and we were able to figure out a workable design-and then she went in the back and made it right then!  So we were able to leave with a new leash.  I think it is going to work out great, it hooks to my wheelchair so that I can use my hands for pushing and helping me carry things.  It can also be a regular leash and even has different lengths when you use different rings.  I'll have to take a picture of it in the next few days and we will be making it more permanent when I get my new chair (hopefully soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment