Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Family Reunion

We got back Monday night around 5:00am after a 19 hour drive in the car.  THAT was crazy and we were all super tired, except for Zander!  He only slept until about 9:00am...so guess who got the pleasure of waking up?!
Ro did amazing on our trip, couldn't have asked for anything better.  Our extended family did a great job of following my request not to pet her or bring dogs with them.  We left Monday and got to Idaho around 4:00 in the morning on Tuesday.  On Wednesday we went shopping for food for the reunion-it was a long Costco trip and a lot of the family was indecisive...so me and Ro ditched them and went around the store to practice her cues by ourselves.  After that we headed back to camp to set up our tent and things.  We had slept in some of our families tent the night before because they were waking up when we got there!  It was also one my husbands uncles birthdays, so we had cake and hung out around the campfire talking to everyone.
On Thursday we went to Silverwood Amusement Park.  It was SOOOO much fun! :)   I am a huge fan of Garfield (the comic book cat) and the theme park's mascot is Garfield!  I was determined to get a picture of me and Ro with Garfield and Odie to put in my classroom, but Ro was very nervous around a giant stuffed animal that moved, so I got a picture with me and the girls by him instead.  Ro wore her shoes for over half the day and did a great job with them.  We even did a train ride together that had a lift for my chair!  I would have taken a lot more pictures but our camera died about half way into the day.  I borrowed a cousins, but then that died shortly after!  Bummer!! But here is a picture of my favorite ride on the train with Ro!

On Friday more of the family came and we cooked on the campfire and got to know some of my husbands family a bit better.  Because there was so much grass and I have a hard time getting around on it, Ro and I played retrieve to get her some exercise.  She is doing so great with coming back to me and no one else, even with a bunch of distractions she'd bring it right to me!  She loved sitting near the campfire at night by me because it was so cold-in the middle of summer and the nights were FREEZING!!  Ro seemed pretty warm, and one night I was so cold I made her come next to me so I could stop shivering. Ro also got an extra dog bed to use outside the tent-but as you can see she shared it with Zander!


Saturday we played badminton and Ro sat on the sidelines while I attempted to play.  I fell out of the chair diving for the birdie once and Ro got really worried, but I had her in a 'settle' so she did her 'boof' (almost asking if I was ok) and then I called her over and she came over and gave me kisses!  Then Zane helped me up and we kept playing.  Everyone kept commenting on how amazing her focus was on me-awwww...makes me feel loved! :)

Sunday we woke up early, cooked breakfast and then broke down camp.  It took much longer than we thought it would and it took awhile to figure out how to fit us all back into the van.  Because we weren't expecting it to be as cold as it was, we ended up buying two new sleeping bags and a big blanket to keep warm after the first night-and they took up a lot of room!  Once we crammed in we headed back and drove straight through.  I sat in the back and hung out with Ro and the kids.  Here are some photos from the car ride.  Ro kept putting her head on Zander's carseat when he'd cry and that would calm him back down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment