Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to School

Well today was our official start day and the students will be back next Wednesday.  Even though we didn't have to be back until today, me and Ro have been making trips to the school since last Wednesday so that I can be ready.  I like to have my classroom set up in a very specific way...so it takes me awhile to get it all done!  I was lucky enough to have my Mom and Dad come into town on Thursday evening so they could help me with a lot of things on Friday and a bit on Monday before they left.
Things have been up and down again since our last post.  I have been having a very hard time telling people they can't pet Ro...which led to her trying to pull towards people when we'd be walking past them.  This made me realize that I had to be a lot more strict about it because it was making things much more difficult.  I didn't want to start out with Ro feeling like my school was a place where she'd get lots of petting (although I'm sure there are plenty of people willing!) because I will be needing her help with things.  Anyways, long story short I sent an e-mail out to the staff explaining that Ro is not to be pet because she is a working dog, so today when everyone was back they were very respectful and things went much better than I anticipated!  She is pulling towards people much less and even in the last three days I have noticed a big difference when we are in stores (even with the kids are with me). 
Well I'm sure there will be lots to post about in the next week or so with school starting up and the kids returning.  Until then, I shall leave you with a funny story and picture!  The other day Zander dropped his binky and I didn't notice till I was across the room, so I asked Ro to get it for me.  She carried it back and I was laughing so hard!  So I snapped a quick picture because she looked like she was using it! :)


2 comments: