Saturday, May 21, 2011

Getting shoes for Ro

Today I met up with Barb and Ro at REI to try on some shoes for Rowena! Because we will be doing our placement training in the middle of July-it will mostly likely be very hot outside, so Ro will need to wear shoes to protect the pads of her paws.
Anyhow, Barb was teaching me how to put the shoes on Rowena and let's just say Rowena wasn't overly pleased with shoes! She still behaved so well, but had this look on her face like "Why are you making me put these on??" And then she would hold the paw in the air and not put it down. It was very cute, but hopefully she'll get used to them in July when she has to wear them!
Once we were done at REI we went to get fish tacos nearby. We thought we would just walk (roll) over there since it was so close. And wouldn't you know it, we found a place that didn't really have ramps! It's crazy how I think everywhere is going to be so accessible, yet I manage to find all the areas that aren't.
It was a lot of fun getting to see her again! I will miss meeting up with them for the next few weeks as Barb is going out of town and Rowena will be at a Puppy Sitters. :( But when she gets back at the end of June I hope to see her again before placement!

3 comments:

  1. Shannon, She will wear those shoes without problems (but she does give that look haha). I'm just so excited she has graduated and is matched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowena is a Rockstar. I enjoyed watching her grow with Katie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy she found such a wonderful family to live with! She will be a great addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete