Friday, June 17, 2011

Getting Ready!

Hi again everyone! I have been super surprised by how many people have already been reading the blog! Thanks for all the great comments! I hadn't really told anyone about it yet, and was planning on letting people at work and such know about it after we had Rowena living with us! :)
Anyways, I had asked Barb a few weeks ago what type of things we should get ready for Ro both at home, and in my classroom so that I could start (because if you know me I need to have everything organized or I panic!). I have been looking online and keeping my eyes pealed for some good deals, and today in the mail arrived her new grooming table! It seems to be perfect for me to be able to get under and check her coat and such! I hope that it works as well as I'm imagining once she is actually here and I am attempting to groom her!
We also found a slightly used kennel for the classroom for only $20 (thanks to a tip from a parent at my school)! It will be great for her to have a spot that is all hers incase she needs a nap during the school day. Also, my good friend (who also happens to be my paraprofessional at work) bought her a beautiful pillow to put in it so that it will be nice and comfy. Her food bowl and food containers are all ready to go...so exciting!
I can't even tell you how thankful we are to all the families at my work. Thanks to all the money that they raised, we were able to not only pay for her adoption, but we had a bit leftover to buy all these amazing things!
The girls are also very excited! At night we always say "Goodnight" to everyone, and Anya has been saying "And 'Wena too?" (We are working on saying Ro or Rowena...haha!) And Alexis says "Yep, but she can't hear you yet" I'm so glad they are as excited as me!

1 comment:

  1. We are excited that Rowena is doing so well and know that she will be a great family member.
    Dennis Griffin

    ReplyDelete