Thursday, May 12, 2011

First Dinner Out

Today I met Rowena and her Advanced Trainer for dinner! It was really fun getting to see her again! I arrived a little early, so I went inside to wait until they got there. I didn't see them until they were just about in the door, but as soon as Rowena saw me she came right over put her paws on my lap and gave me a big kiss! Talk about making someone feel special! :) I had only seen her twice prior to this visit-but already she is starting to remember me!
Anyhow, we headed in -got our food and sat down to chat for a bit. Rowena is such a sweet dog! She is well behaved and has this calming personality which I love. I was expecting more people to keep coming up asking if they could pet her (from all the things I have read about with Service Dog) but that didn't happen. I think it was because we sat down fairly quickly and Rowena just went right under the table and waited patiently for us to finish.
When we finished dinner we went back to our house so we could practice going for a walk with the girls. Rowena put an extra harness on so that Alexis could hold onto it while we walked. Alexis usually holds onto my wheelchair when we are crossing streets or when we get to crowded areas, but when Rowena joins our family she won't be able to do that-so Alexis will be holding onto a second leash attached to Rowena. Everyone did really well on the walk! I am so grateful that she has been so good with the girls! Riley (our cat) even met her -and only hissed once! I am very excited for our placement training which will be in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment