Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We made it to the summer!  Our first working year together has gone pretty well.  Ro and I work really well out in public.  The only difficult time is when I am with the whole family!  I think it gets a little overwhelming for the both of us, and I think Ro feels a little responsible for Zander as she helped teach the little guy to walk!  It isn't all the time, usually just when the kids are really excited about something.  Now when I go out without her, which isn't often, it feels like I've forgotten something. 
So...it has been incredibly hot here lately, which doesn't bode well for me because my legs don't regulate my temperature very well.  We've had entirely too much time indoors...and here are some pics to prove it! :)
 Any guesses on whose hiding under the blanket with a dragon?!..........
....
....
That's right!  A smiling dog named Ro!

We have managed to get out occasionally...but it seems so complicated!  The ground has been so hot for little Ro's feet, so I really have to be careful because I don't want to burn them. And then to top it off, we took the girls to dance class and because it was so hot I thought we'd wait in the car with the AC on.  Well we were PARKED for a good 40 min (relaxing...listening to music...talking...), and then a car came along and hit the van.  SERIOUSLY??  Argh...so now I have to figure out how to work in a repair.  The good thing though was that Ro was relaxing on the floor and it only jogged us and the kids weren't in the car.  Some paint damage and front quarter panel (something like that).  But still...I have terrible luck I think.  I'm just glad that neither of us were hurt.  
I have also been trying to get in shape more, so I have been heading to the gym each morning.  I haven't taken Ro yet as I only go for a short amount of time and it's usually during her morning nap! :)  But we are scheduled to go on another hand-cycling ride this Saturday!  I really hope it isn't like 105°F...that would be crazy!  I wish it would cool down so I could go out and practice more with Ro, we have our Public Access Test coming up and I'm super excited for this one!  As long as we pass, Ro officially becomes a part of our family!  She already is...they'd have to drag her away I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment