Friday, September 2, 2011

Newspaper Article

Yesterday our article was published! To view it click here.  Scroll down a bit, it starts on the front page!  The kids at school keep coming up to us as we go through the halls saying "Mrs. U!  Ro is famous just like you now!"  Haha, kids are cute!  Things have been going pretty well this last week.  Ro has been helping me solve a lot of problems at work...For example, I was having a problem with two certain students.  No matter how many reminders I'd give them, every time we had our group lesson they would forget the rule that they couldn't sit in our library area on the ottoman.  Any ideas on what my solution was??!  Yep...Ro!
Now the kids have been sitting in the actual group area...and Ro watches over them!!  I just put her on the ottoman and they know they aren't supposed to touch her, therefore they don't touch the ottoman!  Problem solved!  Hopefully soon she can come sit right next to me, after they are in the habit of not sitting there-at least that's the plan. (and yes...that is cookie monster, her new favorite toy that she keeps at work)
Here is another picture of Ro at work.  The article talks about how she is able to fall asleep at random places, that is very true!  But one of her favorite spots is her kennel.  I think because it is quiet and near my desk...
 
 We are looking forward to a three day weekend, hopefully we will be able to get some things done around the house and go get some much needed shopping done! :)

1 comment: